Plug In To Current Needs
We love connecting your gifts with real needs in the church or in the community. While we Shelter in Place and keep social distancing as a way to care for one another, there are still ways to engage in loving service to our church and our community.
IN THE LOWELL & HIDALGO COMMUNITIES
Marjaree Mason Center Thanksgiving Meal Box: FPC is the pick up location for meal boxes for their off-site clients. There are several ways to engage: 1. Supply a meal box with: a frozen turkey, stuffing, vegetable (green beans or corn), potatoes, gravy, cranberry sauce, rolls and dessert. A small gift like a kitchen towel or pot holder is an optional touch. Assemble and deliver a box on November 23 to FPC. 2. Supply baked goods or snacks for hospitality during the the pick up. 3. Staff a 2 hour shift between 8am - 4pm to serve treats and beverages during the pick up. Sign up here via Flocknote. Additiona details here.
Food Ministry with Bethany Inner City Church: Tuesday mornings 9:30am -1:00pm moving from Impact Center to FPC’s Brick room soon. Volunteers help with set up, clean up and passing out of the food. All volunteers are trained and wear masks and gloves. Contact Hector Chavez.
- Fall Food Distribution @ Lowell Elementary: FPC is the point church for these 4th Wednesday Food Bank distributions at our neighborhood school through November. Sign up for a shift during the 2:30 - 6pm time frame for November's by contacting Terry Jaurena.
- Parent Church Partnership for Online Learning: We are partnering with On Ramps Covenant Church to offer an online learning school site for 1st-6th grade children of working parents. We need volunteers who can commit to a two-hour shift one day a week to provide supervision and assistance. If you can commit to more days or more shifts on one day, hallelujah and thank you! Contact Margie Nunez.
- Distance Learning at Martin Park: Volunteers needed 8:30am-12:30pm Monday, Wednesday, and Friday for this online school support program. Contact email@example.com for details.
- Notes for Community Medical Center: We created note cards from the Thanksful art that you created and Kelli Samuelian combined. Pick up a 5 or 10 card pack from the church office and write a word of gratitude and encouragment that we'll deliver. Pick Up and Drop Off 9am-4pm Mon - Fri.
- Martin Park Food Distribution: Groceries and other household supplies are shared regularly. You could help assemble bags Thursday mornings or distribute Thursday afternoons. Contact Oscar Rodriguez.
- Mobile Toy Chest for Neighbors: Suggested donations for sharing with families who are sheltering in place are Basketballs, Soccer balls, Frisbees, Jump-Ropes, Uno, Connect 4, Chalk, Puzzles, Bubbles, Nerf/Water Toys. Contact Esther Carver. (Or connect via Facebook.)
- Food & Supplies for Free Little Libraries in Lowell: Groceries & other household supplies can be distributed to 6 little libraries turned sharing pantries. Contact Nancy Donat who will receive your donation & distribute.
- Food & Supplies for Up/Arriba Center in Hidalgo: Groceries & other household supplies will be shared weekly. Last week they assisted 42 families. Contact Manual & Kim Contreras for details. (Or connect via Facebook)
Download this DONATION SUGGUESTIONS.pdf List for Groceries, Supplies & Toys/Games.
OTHER COMMUNITY SERVICE OPPORTUNTIES
University Presbyterian Church's Food Bank Partnership: Serving approximately 250 households every Saturday, UPC would welcome FPC volunteers to assist. They bag food 9-11:00 am every other Friday and distribute 7-10:30 am Saturdays. Read more and sign up via their website. UPC is located at 1776 E Roberts Ave (Cedar & Roberts). Contact Linda Jean Voth.
Habitat for Humanity Beautification Projects: Volunteer any Thursday from 9 am - 12:30 pm to help love neighbors by completing minor exterior beautification projects, such as painting, landscaping, window washing and more! You'll be improving existing housing conditions and spurring neighborhood revitalization. Check out the project schedule & sign up here
- For City Wide Service or Donation opportunities, Serve Fresno is a great resource.
PINK HOUSE PROGRAM
- Set Up or Staff the Rummage Sale September 18 or 19 @ North Fresno Church: The Pink House has a sister program at North Fresno called Micah Project. Both Ministry Houses are participating in and benefting from the proceeds. Come help us sort, set up and staff the sale. Pick your shift(s) via this form. Contact Geraud Brumfield.
PRAYER & CARE @ FPC
- Prayer Ministries: Pray for others & help others to pray. Contact Prayer Deacon Chester Goodale, 360-9432.
- Meal Support: Provide & deliver a meal to someone who's ill, grieving, or has a new baby. Sign up here.
- Put your Love in Action. Sign up here to provide caring ministry to others at FPC.
- Stephen Ministry: Be equipped to care. Stephen Ministry trains and facilitates people of our church to provide 1:1 Christian care to those in our congregation and community experiencing challenges in life. Contact Ataloa Woodin for information. Contact Dianne if you or someone you love might benefit from having someone walk with you through your life circumstances.
TECH SUPPORT FOR WORSHIP / EVENTS
Contact Julie Carter if you'd like to join our tech team.
CHILDREN OR YOUTH MINISTIRES @ FPC
- Kids Wednesday Nights (Grades 4 - 6): Looking for leaders to assist. Contact Margie Nunez.