Plug In To Current Needs
We love connecting your gifts, talents and interests with real needs in the church or in the community. Maybe one of these needs is a place for you to serve.
WORSHIP & WELCOME
Our First Impressions Team loves & serves all who arrive on our campus, striving to enhance each person’s worship & fellowship experience.
- Ushers: Hosts of the worship experience one or more Sundays a month. 4 needed for Classic service and 2 for Modern. Arrives prior to service start times. Contact Julie Carter.
- Greeters: Provide a warm welcome just outside the Sanctuary doors, and if we can expand the team, out on the parking lot. Greeters look out for new guests/visitors. Ideally this is 5-6 people before the Classic and Modern services. Arrives prior to service start times. Contact Rosemary Avery or Terry Jaurena.
- Pew Rack Refreshment Team: Restocks & refreshes supplies in Sanctuary pew racks weekly. Approximately 1 hour task. Contact our Office Staff.
- Screen Team: Arrives prior to service start and runs the lyrics and other images that are displayed on the sanctuary screens. Requires the capacity to follow along and sync timing of images.
- Livestream Team: Looking for people with a visual eye to help produce our online service. A number of roles are available, but the most immediate need is broadcast producers who switch between camera angles while giving direction to camera operators over headset from the broadcast room. (Yes, we have a broadcast room!)
Contact Josh Gilispie
- Preschool Teachers/Assistants: Serve once a month or one month at a time during worship services: 9am (Classic); OR 10:45am (Modern).
- Craft Coordinator: Secures and distributes craft supplies weekly to volunteer teachers.
- Elementary Sunday School Teacher/Assistant: Teach or Assist in the Kinder/1st grade Sunday School class every first Sunday of the month. Teach or Assist in our 2nd-4th grade class weekly from November 2022-June 11, 2023. Sunday School hour is at 10:45am.
Contact Pastor Meagan
YOUTH MINISTRY - ROOTED HS & IGNITE JR HIGH
- Youth Leaders: if you are someone who loves Jesus and desires to disciple youth, please ask us about serving as a youth leader on Sunday or Wednesday nights
- Support Team: if you are someone who loves to serve behind the scenes, please ask us about helping out at outreach events, snacks and meals, driving, and/or hosting.
Contact Pastor Meagan
- Family Dinner: every other week, we have a meal shared by college students and young adults. If you are interested in hosting a meal, please contact Geraud or Aaron.
- College Ministry Team: young people need folks who want to invest in their growth. If you would like to know more about the college ministry team, please contact Geraud or Aaron.
Dinners: interested in serving the cohort by being preparing a shared meal? The cohort eats together every Tuesday night during their 10-month program. The meals would be a great way to sit with and build relationship with the crew. To participate contact Geraud.
Work Days: throughout the year we have several days to come and serve the Pink House. If you are handy, have an eye for detail, or you simply just like to serve, we would love to have you join in. To find out more, please reach out to Geraud.
FACILITIES & FINANCE
- Facility Team: Guys & gals with a passion to care for our facility on a regular basis by planning, organizing & completing minor to moderate repairs/updates on the FPC campus.
Contact Torsten Grunberg
OUTREACH & COMMUNITY SERVICE
- ArtHop Hospitality: In an effort to connect with our community, we are an official ArtHop Venue on the 1st Thursday of each month. You can host/greet in The Gallery or on the sidewalk for either the 5-6:30 or 6:30-8 shift and/or supply refreshments. We are also looking for ArtHop guides to help FPC folks dive into this monthly downtown event. Contact Terry Jaurena.
- Newcomer Follow Up Team: Volunteers who take a few specific steps to more personally welcome FPC newcomers who have completed a connect card or online form. Contact Terry Jaurena.
- Mission Ministry Team: We meet monthly to care for & support our mission partners; help the congreation grow in mission awareness; and encourage & promote personal involvement in mission experiences, local or global, by all ages of our congregation. Contact Terry Jaurena.
- Weekly Food Ministry with Bethany Inner City Church: Tuesday mornings 9:30am -1:00pm in FPC’s Brick room. Volunteers help with setup, cleanup and passing out food. All volunteers are trained. Contact Hector Chavez.
- Serve Fresno: This is a great resource for City-Wide opportunities.
PRAYER & CARE @ FPC
- Prayer Ministries: Pray for others & help others to pray. Contact Prayer Deacon Chester Goodale.
- Meal Support: Provide & deliver a meal to someone who's ill, grieving, or has a new baby. Sign up here.
- Put your Love in Action: Sign up here to provide caring ministry to others at FPC.
- Stephen Ministry: Be equipped to care. Stephen Ministry trains and facilitates people of our church to provide 1:1 Christian care to those in our congregation and community experiencing challenges in life. Contact Ataloa Woodin to explore. Contact Dianne if you or someone you love might benefit from having someone walk with you through your life circumstances.